WHO WE COVER
- Inside Voice will consider funding requests for domestic dogs and cats. We will NOT cover farm animals, animals owned by breeders, or animals used for research or commercial purposes of any kind. If applicants to Inside Voice are discovered to be using dogs or cats (or any animals) for illegal fighting purposes, we will provide the information to law enforcement agencies and assist in whatever way we can in the prosecution of these illegal and despicable activities.
WHAT WE COVER
- Inside Voice provides need-based financial assistance for the benefit of dogs and cats where serious or emergency veterinary care is needed beyond routine procedures, including treatment, surgery, and medications. We also consider requests for necessary medical care, including serious or chronic health problems, and end of life comfort care. Depending on the level of funding available and the urgency of the needed treatment, Inside Voice will determine whether or not to pay for all or a portion of the animal's care.
WHAT WE DO NOT FUND
- Basic care - Including but not limited to grooming, tick, and flea treatments, worming, annual vaccinations, food, pet supplies, or routine veterinary care. Inside Voice is committed to benefit those in need and those who are in serious situations where medial treatment is needed beyond routine care.
- Spaying and neutering - Inside Voice believes that spaying and neutering your pet(s) is a necessity and is an important part of being a responsible pet owner. Therefore we will not consider such requests at this time.
- Any bill already paid or procedures already in progress - Inside Voice cannot reimburse anyone for veterinary expenses that may have already been paid. Even if you have not yet paid your bill, if the procedure has been performed or is in progress, we cannot cover the bill. If the procedure or treatment is performed before the application has been approved, we will not be able to approve a grant.
- EMERGENCY EXCEPTION – In life or death situations or sudden and unexpected illness, where veterinary care is an emergency and/or life saving measures must be taken immediately, the application may be submitted within 48 hours of the treatment or procedure. The pet must have at least a 50%+ chance of recovery, survival and quality of life, according to the opinion of the treating veterinarian, for the grant to be considered.
- Any animals owned by breeders - None, under any circumstances.
- Declawing, ear cropping or debarking surgeries - Inside Voice strongly discourages these practices and will NEVER fund these procedures, under ANY circumstances.
- Each pet owner is responsible for providing medical care for their animals. - Our goal is to support the special circumstances where extra help is needed.
- Inside Voice is committed to helping as many pets as quickly as possible. - We will respond to your request as soon as we can and requests are answered on a first come, first served basis, typically within 12-24 hours for emergencies and within 36-72 hours for non emergencies.
Go to our "Contact Us" page to request a grant application.